vanarnhem411

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Color Inspiration Challenge

Here's something a little different -


As some of you may know I'm a pretty avid scrapbooker/papercrafter person. It's my release - something fun and relaxing over which I have complete and total control (unlike most everything else in my life!). I visit tons of crafty related blogs on a regular basis (I probably I spend more time being inspired by others than actually creating things myself). So I thought I would share a new find with everyone today.


This blog is authored by Kristina Werner and I'm not even sure how I originally found it. She works for Stampin' Up (a company I seem to be developing a new obsession for - I think it has to do with all the matchy stuff they make - nothing makes me happier than perfectly coordinated supplies). She posts a weekly color inspiration and matches Stampin' Up colors to the piece.


I'm going to try and make a card each week based on the challenge - my goal is to buy zero greeting cards in 2009. It's ridiculous considering the supplies I have on hand to spend a cent on a premade card!


So here is this weeks inspiration:





And my card (sorry the scanned colors are a little off - it's brighter IRL):


9 comments:

Leslie Herbert said...

I am soooo glad to see you blogging again Sam! I miss your posts, especially about your precious girls! LOVE your card you made! Hugs!

Mom said...

That looks like an easy card for me to make. I'm going to check out the blog but you know I rely on you for my card ideas so I'll be checking out your finished cards. Love - Mom

Anonymous said...

Love the happy birthday frame! Great card for the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Nice card! Great layout!

Bianca from Germany

Leonie said...

What a sweet card

Kelly said...

Samantha-
I am SO glad you are back in the blogging world - to be honest I have not checked in a few weeks so I have been reading to catch up! Thank you for your comment on my blog - it is so comforting to have other moms there for me during these crazy "rett times"
Big Hugs from Indiana!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors on the card. Whan is our next scrap day?

Unknown said...

I love your texture! The card is very cute - love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this. Awesome use of the inspiration.